View Single Post
Old 06.12.2007, 09:51 AM   #6
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Is the work very boring, high-pressure, or generally unfulfilling? That can lead to massed depression.

No. It's actually creative. It is in higher ed, where there's a lot of politics, and that no doubt has something to do with it. Still, it is higher ed, where there's the opportunity to stretch a little, where people appreciate imaginatiion and humor. My office mate sighs all day. He won't talk to me. He never has ideas of his own. I come up with all the freaking story ideas, the headlines, everything. He does what he's told and nothing more.

Which is weird, because he should see that my work is rewarded more than his--that is, I get attention for coming up with the fun stuff, with the creative ideas. I get compliments and shit for this stuff, and it's easy and fun. I don't get why other people don't get that.

No matter what work I do, I don't see any point in not trying to have fun with it, with trying to find some way to make it as enjoyable as possible. The results are always better, and the work day goes better, and ultimatetly, you find more reward.