View Single Post
Old 11.05.2008, 09:38 PM   #18
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
having listened to a lot of live SY lately (however you choose to define 'lately'), all i can wish is that they capture some of their live energy on the next record. listening to live versions of songs like 'french tickler' or 'radical adults' where lee's guitar is just LOUD and NOISY and CRUSHING compared to the album versions where it's buried (two weird examples, i know) makes me long for an album where they really amp up the noise, not necessarily gratuitously but comparative to their live shows.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|