View Single Post
Old 09.13.2010, 04:51 PM   #21
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
i don't really like most of the shred records i've heard but i don't find them particularly bad.

i hear alot of people that these kinds of guitarists just use their music purely to show off their technique and i don't think it's true, i've seen interviews with steve vai explaning where he picks up techniques and influences for pieces, talking about applying things from other instruments to his own and i can tell the guy finds his music interesting and loves what he does with it, i can respect that, and seeing how socially awkward he is drives home the point that this guy would rather stay home and practice trying to put new things in his music. of course whatever elements he's incorporating the final product often sounds exactly the same, but i guess if you're generous you could say that's the result of a strong musical personality

buckethead makes really fun,over the top music that i enjoy and not for the technique, i don't really give a shit about guitar technique as it's not my instrument but having mad skillz will always give you the ability to make cool sounds come out of yr instrument.

as far as shred stuff goes i find most of it is aesthetically quite close to metal, so i would rather listen to a good metal band who has shred appeal but is more well rounded
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|