View Single Post
Old 06.04.2017, 12:45 PM   #118
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok, you got me. I don't believe I'm familiar with Parris. I just went nuts searching Apple Music, then hit Resident Advisor when Apple yielded no results (aside from a female rapper named PARRI$ who I didn't care to look into further).
RA has a small page devoted to an artist named Parris, with absolutely minimal citation, and no reference to Hemlock.

So I went to Hemlock's page, and yup, there was something right at the top. Kind of hard to find additional information -- just says the new single or EP is out "June 2017," but I checked the "Your Kiss is Sour" track, and you're right. It's quite something.

The video is 100% disgusting though. Millipedes and pomegranates and maybe some ultra close-ups of spiders and Venus flytraps? I don't know. Deeply gross though.

It's here if you haven't seen it.

Tell me more about this guy! I'm intrigued.

he's this guy: https://www.discogs.com/artist/3733236-Parris-2
He used to be in the Keysound-affiliated "130" grimey scene alongside guys like Wen or Beneath before they all got to other things. There's one of his tracks on Keysound's 2014 Certified Connections compilation (which you should check out - Keysound artists were mad mad creative at that time). I actually DJed before him on a night at that time haha. Anyway yeah his style evolved a lot and his new ep is wicked

EDIT: oh yeah and he runs Soundman Chronicles, which discography is pretty much perfect - everything from SMNCHR004 to 007 is gold
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|