View Single Post
Old 11.07.2008, 02:30 PM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Polysics, Boris, Torche, Six Organs of Admittance, Two Dead Sluts:One Good Fuck, Can't, Demons, Ponytail, Mission of Burma, Devo, Megasus (Brian Gibson's Sludgecore band, surprisingly awesome), Moss, Polvo, Black Pus, damn I've seen a lot, it's hard to remember all of them. Let's see. No Fun (the bands I remember watching were Astro, Thurston and Nancy Garcia, White Out, Burning Star Core, Sickness, Handicapper Horns, Jason Crumer, Sewer Election, that was the first night. Second night I remember watching and having a blast with Emeralds, Afternoon Penis, Cornucopia, Tovah Olson and the Jasons, the Hair Police. The main stage on the second night was fucking ridiculous, I didn't leave once even for a cigarette break; Nevari Brothers, Nautical Almanac, Keith Fullerton Whitman, The SKATERS, Carlos Giffoni, Demons, Religious Knives, and Cluster who even though are an expansive and minimalist Kraut rock synth band didn't sound out of place, and I'm sure for many were the highlight of the night just for being there. The third night's second stage introduced me to a couple bands who have gone on to be some of my favorite in Noise; namely Halflings and the Cathode Terror Secretion. I also checked out Alan Licht and he was awesome. Main stage was Werewolf Jeusalem, Sudden Infant, Lee Ranaldo, Illusion of Safety, Consumer Electronics, and the HATERS who were my pick for best of the weekend, fittingly because they headlines the whole damn thing). Hair Police, Heathen Shame (the Heathen SHame/Hair Police show was prolly my favorite this year, both bands were top notch, especially Heathen SHame who's duel guitar feedback destruction combined with the skronktastic and actually quite "in the tradition" (meaning Ayler, Coltrane, etc,) was particularly great. I also saw the Weasel Walter Quarter doing absokutley ferocious Free Jazz, and I dont just love this because it's Weasel, but people must realize above all he is a Jazz and Free Improv Musician, and a mighty amazing one at that who has aquired talents on many instruments. The Silver Daggers, Abe Vigoda, The Hospitals, Kanye West (haha), Rihanna, Ghostface Killah. Visited a friend in Portland and saw the amazin Eat Skull. Naked on the Vague, Clockcleaner, Pink Reason (the most moving and beautiful and most purely emotional performance i saw this year, pink reason will be around for a while). Saw R.E.M. with my dad for Father's Day. The Oh Sees. Gang Wizard (they are the Black FLag for our "wierd" generation). Robedoor. Pocahaunted.

Well, I saw a lot of bands. I feel kinda stupid and braggish about writing every band I saw, so i stopped but here goes some of them anyways, *post
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|