View Single Post
Old 07.19.2015, 05:44 PM   #47091
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Just listened Pop`s the Idiot first time in many years. Yes, itīs so great! Hard to understand, why I didnīt like it earlier (it was quite the same time when I found Joy Division). Well maybe the reason is that I was same time very in Raw Power and theyīre so much different. I think not just the Division members but also Martin Hannett has really listened this and used the soundworld in JD`s Unknown Pleasures. The Idiot has really been ahead of itīs time, itīs really pre-new wave & goth album. Havenīt also listened Lust For Life a long time, so I listened it also. Itīs of course still sounded great, but really in a more typical Iggy way. Going to listen the Idiot a lot in the near future!

It's the only Iggy album that I think really grows on you. Not knocking his other stuff at all but even an album like Fun House, you hear it and almost immediately know if it's your thing or not. Positively or negatively, its impact is almost instant, which I suppose was ultimately what The Stooges - and by extension punk - was all about. The Idiot's doing something else, as though it doesn't even care if you have a response at all. Perhaps it was an album that deep down Iggy was only really making for himself and Bowie.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|