View Single Post
Old 04.10.2012, 12:13 PM   #257
maropi
bad moon rising

maropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's asses
Well, after listening to it five times, my conclusion is that the record is worth listening if you like easy rock oriented compositions. Honestly, if I weren’t a fan of sonic youth related side projects, I wouldn’t have dared listening to it, because the reviews are quite accurate. Well done, good compositions, but not particulary inspired. It’s entertained me, but I didn-t find it exciting.

By the way, my wife..., whose likes and dislikes are way more extremist than mines (coming from an initial mainstream pop taste... after listening to my record collection, she’s chosen the strangest ones), says that the record is not worth listening, plain. And maybe she’s right, because she’s usually less subjective than me.

In addition, I’ve only listened to the japanese CD version, and the sound is quite muffled. I’ll put the vinyl shortly just to know if it’s the digital mix, the sound desk, the physical support, or whatever.
maropi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|