View Single Post
Old 11.14.2017, 03:12 PM   #5
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
beyond all the issues of individual blame and outing people for their crimes and public displays of self-righteousness, it’s interesting to see the sea change in public morality in recent times.

it looks like the last remanents of the “sex drugs & rocknroll” culture are being rooted out and replaced. a changing of the guard!

seems like the glorification of desire and “personal freedom” that rose in the second half of the XX century are now firmly being pushed aside. a new order, where the #1 value seems to thebe “do no harm”. different values & priorities & different century.

i’m interested in the sociology of this. yeah. it’s fascinating to see history happen. large dinosaurs dying, little mammals taking over, that sort of thing.

Yes, this was a good part of what I was getting at by bringing up Ellen Page's words. In fact, I was just gonna title the post something like "The 'men are fucking pigs and it's fucking enough already' thread", but Page's stance and stories seemed like a more powerful start.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|