View Single Post
Old 06.13.2009, 02:20 PM   #7
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
not be nitpicky but i really doubt yr local record store has "most of his stuff on 180g vinyl" i think you're underestimating his catalogue, dozens of his albums are not in print on vinyl

anyways i'm guessing since it's 180g reissues it's probably the reissues of saturn albums(with black and white sleeves usually??) so look for

The Magic City
Night Of The Purple Moon(4 person band, funky and obscure album)
Fate in A Pleasant Mood(referenced lyrically on new SY Album, definitely one of the best Ra lps especially of the chicago period)

those last two are pretty underrated but are alot better than most of his more popular records, the magic city is probably his best one of the sixties and is basically like a much,much better version of atlantis(which aside from the title track is a lesser release to my ears), heliocentric worlds 1+2 are awesome, heliocentric worlds 3 is good but it should have been called "Nothing Is 2", on that note, "Nothing Is" is good

there's an album called cosmos which i've seen on reissue and which is cheaply available on ebay as an original which is excellent, or get Astro Black, it's OOP i think but the original would cost you about $8 on ebay
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|