View Single Post
Old 03.09.2014, 06:07 AM   #3357
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I found it on the $0.50 book rack at the library across the
street from work (I think I've bought like 50 books from them now,
and spent what must be a grand total of $20, I have literally nowhere
to put them, I got unread books stacked in about every corner of my
room, closet, drawers, and nook and cranny of my MacArthur Park
district overcrowded book shelf)...

This reminds me of Cabinet portrait, a novel by Swiss author Jean-Luc Benoziglio.
The narrator's been asked to leave his place as he's divorcing. He finds a new apartment which is too small for him to stash every volume of his encyclopedia.
He uses the restroom that every tenant shares to pack them (apparently it has more space for that) and spends too much time there to be appreciated by the other folks.
That could have been an idea...
It's really well written, I really don't know if it's ever been translated to whatever language it could have.
The guy received an award for the book in France. And went on a 6 year drought after that (it ain't my favorite, though: Beno s'en va-t-en guerre pleased me even more: tourists wonder whether leaving the lovely island they're staying at as the premices of a war arise - the treatment of the story is brilliant, we're stuck with them and they really can't see much from their little port).

Currently ending Tough Guys Don't Dance.
I cut a picture in a tv programme years ago. It was from Norman Mailer's movie from his book. That picture was beautiful. But the movie is nowhere to be seen, and is apparently so-so.
I like the writing.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|