View Single Post
Old 08.13.2007, 06:44 AM   #28
Palmer Eldritch
little trouble girl

Palmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's assesPalmer Eldritch kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
And what, you tell me. The Smiths made it regardless of Tony Wilson not helping them out, and went on to sell quite a lot of records, certainly many many more than Electronic, proof that a really determined band in 80's Manchester could find a way to put records out and sell them, anyway. Oh, and the Joy Division comment was half tongue in cheek, and since I wrote that myself appreciates some of their music it would make you think so.

The reason Wilson didn't sign the Smiths was because he though Morrissey was an arse. Most anyone that met Morrissey in his Manchester years would pretty much agree. And that is a value judgement that many people with less principles than Tony would choose to hide...