View Single Post
Old 02.15.2007, 04:00 PM   #50
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
James Blonde like his Arvo Pärt, I see.

Noumenal does too. Moving on, he recently got some new recordings and would like to share.

1. Mahler 6 with MTT and the San Francisco Symphony. Yay. All the cool kids listen to Mahler.

2. A bunch of new Schnittke: 3rd SQ, 3rd Symphony, Cello Concerto 1, Cello Sonata 1.

3. Ives - Symphony No.2 & Robert Browning Overture - I've wanted this recording for a long time because it's the Nashville Symphony and I was in the audience at the performance that's on the CD.

4. Xenakis - Dox Orkh (this means Kick-Ass) and Kraanerg

5. Ligeti - 1st Book of Piano Etudes

6. Gubaidulina - Introitus (Piano Concerto) and Offertorium (Violin Concerto)

Schnittke doesn't get enough of a mention, methinks. I've got three CDs of his stuff, and they're all glorious. I got a Xenakis percussion CD recently, he's really rather good at composing for percussion.

Today I got Heifetz's rendition of Bach's sonatas & partitas for solo violin... it's making me quite woozy. Utterly magnificent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|