Thread: Anna Calvi
View Single Post
Old 06.14.2011, 07:52 PM   #24
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
What people would call lack of charisma is her charisma
Yeah, i don't know why there has be to such an emphasis on the apparent fact that she's shy. Judging by the interviews i've read and heard, i don't have complaints about her personality, i like it. Now, just in the same way a good host can obtain an extroverted and valuable interview despite the so-called shy nature of their subject's personality (refer to Anna Calvi's interview with Jason Bentley for the KCRW session and then compare to the KEXP one, to get my point if needed to); the way an audience (or even just a part of it) acts or behaves at a show, must also affect and/or influence the mood of the performers, and thus the show. Maybe the conditions weren't the most ideal that night for something that could be considered the peak of quality on both parts? Anyway, she definitely smiles, and otherwise interacts in some limit both with the audience and her bandmates, judging by some recordings out there (as proven by the performance webcast by arte.tv, for instance).