View Single Post
Old 06.17.2013, 11:14 PM   #420
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
This art-rap bullshit be conflating what rap music is about. Rap music is street music, its mob music, its ghetto music, its hustler music, its gangster music, its broke folkz music. Suburban kids starting listening to rap because it was controversial and seemed like Menace II Society to them. The truth? It ruined rap. When rap came out the streets and became pop music, that is what opened the door for Kanye to put out all this art-rap. Art-rap is what completely ruined Outkasts and Andre 3000, those dudes were just street dudez until that pop star shit got Andre thinking that ninja was on The Voice or some shit. Ninja please! Y'all is street, like they say at Sik Wit It, "Speak da real!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
You sound like me, almost exactly, before I found myself listening to MBDTF from beginning to end

I didn't dig that album either, it was more of the same, those things I don't like about Kanye West. I feel the Game when he said,

Quote:
But I just ain't buying that the best rappers is Kanye and Wayne, I don't win no grammies nigga I'm to gangsta
Fuck that beat is sick. Luda came out swingin on that. Plus, you just ain't a rapper if you don't mention the NBA

If they are, then rap music is dead like Bush put the nail in the coffin on grunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
When judging hip hop, I don't like it when people focus so much on the lyrics/flow. It's like judging Johnny Ramone based on his technical ability. If it's creative or suits the music, it works

But that is entirely the point. You either enjoy one particular style of cadence or your don't. Lou Reed or Thurston Moore? They have an off-kilter sound that resonates well with people. With hip-hop and rap, sometimes that works, but most of the time, the opposite is true. Rap is sort of all about delivery, timing, and cadence because aside from that, its just talking (unless your a singing kind of rapper like Snoop Dogg or Suga Free)

Also, I realized one of the things Kanye is missing is that backing vocal tracks, he just raps by himself, but needs to come out like e-40 rapping with himself on the overdubs. Maybe that's just some of the Zap and Roger westcoast shit, but LOVE it!
Quote:
"I was able to slip past everything with a pink polo, but I am Dead Prez." Kanye in New York Times

No. You are not. Get over yourself. DP is that RBG revolutionary but G shit. You don't be knowin bout that shit. G ain't about pimping girls and looking cute like LL Cool J yo! You ain't a G. M-1 would LOVE to have words with you about shit comments like that. You iz a rich kid making art-rap albums, some songs about substance, others mostly about the same decadence, hedonism, and materialism that ruined rap music.

Quote:
Ima tell you like papa told me, stay stay sucka free and fuck the police

Meanwhile all this Kanye/Wayne/Drake bullshit y'all be talking about, ain't none of y'all mentioned the literally DOZEN fucking knock ninjaz the fuck out albums he's put out in the
past THREE years. Unstoppable.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|