Thread: SKRONK
View Single Post
Old 08.11.2010, 11:13 AM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
" I said skronk is an integral part of what sonic yotuh DO and that they are the masters at combining beauty and skronk, melody and skronk, riffs, then skronk"

Actually, you never said that, in any way, and this thread is just an excuse to namedrop the same 5 bands that you always do.

Why not listen to something new for once? Like Yolz in the Sky? Now there's a cool skronk band.

re read please,

The sound of Sonic Youth, to me, is one defined by Skronk.

Skronk is any sound created by musical instruments that is not classifiable as actual chords, notes, etc. feedback is skronk. distortion adds skronk. a drill to a fretboard is pure ever-lovin skronk.

Skronk is my favorite musical "sound"

It is what I look for in my rockin music, and in much of my jazz collection

The sound of the last 4 minutes of MOTE for instance, is the greatest sound of my life.