View Single Post
Old 04.25.2013, 04:38 AM   #77
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
no love for Flaming Lips and Iceage (I get not liking wussy jangle pop i.e. Beach House)?
none whatsoever. I've never been big on the lips at all, I liked them as a concept but I want to fucking stomp on wayne coyne's face. having said that, it would be nigh on impossible to do so considering how far it is up his own arse. iceage, I don't know. I didn't mind their first record, but nothing has compelled me to return to them. they seem a bit contrived to me, talented though, really talented bunch.

wussy jangle pop is good if it is done right, ie with a fuckload of distortion, but beach fossils are just so fucking clean it makes me want to drown myself in acid. I much prefer them to beach house though; why the fuck would you make music if you don't want to evolve? it just seems stupid to me.

the others though are all absolutely brilliant, very good year thus far. now all I want from it is the new mbv ep (hahahahaaaaaaaaaa) which I do believe kevin would have been working on for the last two months in between tour dates.

and new boards of canada, of course. if that comes out I will literally die.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|