View Single Post
Old 04.16.2007, 12:49 AM   #52
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
really? i haven't read the book, but the tarkovsky movie is fucking extraordinary though. the beauty of that film is out of this world (no pun intended).

--
ps- forgot to post on your board. and now im getting ready to crash...

Well, the thing is with the 2 movies and the book, it seems to often be the version one experiences first that leads to the strongest impression. I read the book for the discussion I linked above, and then I watched both movies. Tarkovsky's was definitely stronger than Soderberg's but both of them featured directors really taking over the book and changing it to fit their own agenda. This is of course what directors do, but as much as I love the book, I'd like to see somebody try to really translate it to film rather than use it for an idea for their own story.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|