View Single Post
Old 02.14.2011, 12:58 AM   #18
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Also, I think you are correct to an extent about guitar set up, but different electric guitars HAVE to be set up a certain way, to bring out the best tone...or depending on how you like to play...

Like I got heavy strings once and it just seemed to stifle the tone on my strat. It's a good strat, an early 90s japanese paisley strat. I do lots of bending but dont use a whammy bar. So I keep the bridge loose so I can bend it with my hand, I just like grabbing the bridge or doing it with my wrist/palm of my hand while I pick...

When I tried heavy strings on it, it just sounded crappy, thinner more flexible strings sit perfectly...but maybe I would have had to re-adjust the bridge for the heavy strings?

I dunno, I took one year of guitar lessons when I was 15...that's the extent of my knowledge haha

Dick Dale sure loved super heavy strings tho...but I feel like my guitar tone is about the same as his...and he didnt even use a strat....

I think I just got lucky and got the best sounding strat ever.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|