Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.14.2009, 10:01 AM   #263
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i want to write in here. it wont be much of a contribution, just my thoughts that at some level even confuse me and i have a terrible headache now.

this is very true and very important parameter to many words used or general behaviours or style of humor.
im very tolerant in many occassions, very sensitive in other.
for example, im with gay people over 20 yrs now and i never allowed myself to use the word faggot. only recently and in specific ways.

about sy lyrics and feminism
i never really analyse the lyrics, i just take in and think whatever i need to think about them at the time. afterwards i see or see not what they are "really" about.

for example, i usually take kim's lyrics as the free choice of expressing and as the expression of sensuality, being in terms, peace? with one's sexuality, of strength and of emotions. that all belong to a human being that (sometimes i realize?!!) is a woman and thats why in some cases they are more feminine.

same goes with me and feminism. you would say i am one, it was more apparent maybe when i was very young, but in reality im more of a human rights person, workers rights, citizen's rights..(and big time anti-violence person)..that there shouldnt be an issue of whether women should do this or that, because they are humans too. its almost like i take this for granted, that this is how things should be and act from there and on.

i dont have the illusion that men and women are same, or that gay and straight are same, but in the level of human personality characteristics/feelings, rights on having feelings and expressing them, human rights and same chances in life etc..i start from there that we all are the same.

[a little thing. i m not at ease with terms like riot grrls, girls in bands etc.
to me its like we make fuss over the fact that people who are girls are in a band, making it sound like smth unnatural.
like we put our fingers and take our own eyes out.
i understand why the fuss, i just feel this way.]

it sounds naive, i cant really express it better, but this is how i first view people.
i was thinking that i have especially the recent years living in a sheltered world. the people i hang around with are almost all homosexuals, at my work im alone and dont interact with people apart from the phonecalls. therefore its been awhile since i felt the male dominance attack.

vomitting since i started working in an office
i have been so related to that..still am.
and it reminds me of my years working in bank (yeah listening nonstop to my favourate sy album), where my spirit and the last fragments of innocence were broken. i was working in a man's world and faced constantly attacks that can remind someone the extreme of feminism. same happened to mewith whatever left-ish ideas i have.
im not on the extreme of any kind, i havent been much hurt or have anger inside me, but i want the extreme voices to be heard. sometimes they are needed to shake us a little bit from the sleep of our everyday lives.

as far as the gossip is concerned i havent been paying attention to what she says..sorry for that.
if she speaks about human rights..or ok women rights, or gay women or whatver and kids dont already know about that stuff, then good it is.
but you know about that stuff, first from within you, then from your upbringing and then from your social life.
if gossip or whatever band is another reminder its ok. we need as many reminders we can get.
i didnt elaborate much here and about politics (you most have talked about this already), as i need to go and stop typing things that wont help this thread much.

I think this is the best post yet on here. You pretty much summed up what I was thinkin and I did'nt have to type it myself.

As a designer I am around lots of gay guys. As a christian I would be expected to hate this..but I don't. It is not about hate. It is about spreading love. We all deserve the same god given rights.

"And the men and women are not the same" thing. Right on woman. We all deserve the same rights, but I do believe that men and women play different roles in society, based on preset biological traits that science contributed to our being.These traits depend on each other for a complete strength.

Fuck all that left versus right shit I'm stayin right here in the middle.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|