View Single Post
Old 04.25.2006, 09:08 AM   #21
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
nothing winds me up more than americans who lay some claim to be european. americans are so different to europeans that you may as well be fucking martians.
Elitist. Yes, we are all the white trash that was forced out of europe by intolerant assholes like you. Because places like Ireland and Germany are closer to you, you have a right to be more upset about it?

Quote:
and as for the swatika in sin city, firstly that character was a ruthless assassin (i.e. evil) secondly the swastika is an ancient religious symbol in many asian countries. for example, if you look at a street map of a japanese city there are all these little back to front swastikas (or as they are called in japanese, "Manji") that represent shrines and temples, not nazi HQs. so it's very possible that the sin city character and bowie were both refering to the ancient symbol, not the nazi one.

You completely missed my point. I KNOW THAT, Many native american basket patterns also have swastikas at the bottom. My point is that Ben and Jerry's are doing the same thing as Sin City and David Bowie- making referrence to something that shares the name of something evil. Black and Tan doesn't mean Irish Oppression, it means several things, and it is completely clear that Ben and Jerry's named it after the drink, not the paramilitary force, just like Bowie was referring to a Chinese swastika and Miho was throwing a japanese swastika.

BTW Miho isn't an evil assassin. She is a beautiful warrior fighting for the freedom of her sisters.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|