View Single Post
Old 02.05.2008, 08:20 PM   #37
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I don't consider Nations 'Hardcore'. I know, I know, they were obviously influenced by the genre, but their music doesn't really indicate that, to me. Like Refused, Nations were far from 1-dimensional, which 'hardcore' is. Even though it's never been stated by either band, I too see the similarities between Refused and Nations, not necessarly music. and one was was a parody (if you will) band (like, I think Glice said), and the other was more serious with their politics (Refused, if that's not obvious enough). The Shape of Punk to come stands alone, no band sounds anything like that album and no band ever will no matter how much they try to mimick it, and many have (I'm more refering to the comment I saw in this thread where Refused were called 'metalcore', which is really bogus). And I know that many classify The Shape as 'Hardcore', but with that album they tried to strip themselves of that label, they hated that scene and the people in it, which is ironic that 10 years after they broke up that is again the scene that tries to own them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
and uhler; the international noise conspiracy are laughably lame, they probably heard the hives were going to sign to a major label and thought of jumping on the bandwagon at the same time. i'm still amazed it's the same guy in both bands.

Oh, no. The Hives don't even compete with the Noise Conspiracy. I've seen footage of the Hives and actually been lucky enough to be at a Noise Conpiracy show, and the latter slaughter them live too. The Hives have some catchy songs, but noise Conspiracy are so much more than that.