View Single Post
Old 01.02.2011, 01:44 PM   #111
nancykitten
children of satan

nancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's asses
FANTASTIC STUFF!

I think these were my seventh and eighth times seeing the Youth.

It was a bit Eternal-heavy, and I'm getting a little tired of hearing those songs live now; but then that's because I've seen them so many times since that album was released.

Manchester was probably the better show of the two, but London was the more 'special' and unique.

I really appreciated all the noisy old stuff they played in Manchester: Catholic Block; White Cross; Stereo Sanctity; Tom Violence; DV '69.

The song Thurston dedicated to Ari Up was Antenna -- I really appreciated that, since I'm a massive Slits fan. The live version of Antenna is so much better than the album version: it's really evolved well.

Did anyone else feel a little choked-up when the New Year started with the confetti falling and bursting into a brutal Brother James? I cannot think of a better way to kickstart a brand new year than that!

Kim Gordon saying "Thanks to Steve Albini.. for being such an asshole" was hilarious. You knew they wouldn't let him get away with those comments a few months back! She also said something immediately afterwards, something like "it's always good to...." -- take the higher moral ground, or something? I couldn't make out what she said.

London was also the first time I ever had the chance to see/hear Schizophrenia live, which was a complete treat. Closing with the rare Kool Thing was a perfect choice; it's such a fun song, and perfect for that celebratory setting.

And Daydream Nation songs are ALWAYS welcome: 'Cross the Breeze, Hey Joni, The Sprawl. Teen Age Riot and Silver Rocket are always sorely missed, though. But their discography is so rich that you can never get everything you want!

The Pop Group were excellent both nights, and Shellac was so wild and chaotic that they almost stole the show in London. No Dog and Pony Show or Prayer to God from the latter, though, but they did do an instrumental new song, and the always-killer The End of Radio. A Minute and Squirrel Song were great as well.

nancykitten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|