View Single Post
Old 03.30.2006, 10:23 PM   #10
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
It was great, I loved it. Even with my seat looking down over the orchestra, the sheer volume of it was intense. My ears are still throbbing. I remember this kind of interplay or counterpoint thing happening between the different parts of the guitar orchestra, this wall of sound just building and buildiing to a climax. Branca popped out after the performance was over to congratualte John and some of the players. So I got to see Gleen Branca in the flesh for about 2 minutes. Cool.

And if that wasn't enough, I got to shake hands with Mike Watt who I saw afterwards in the parking garage. I told him how I was watching him during the performance and he was constantly shaking his legs, acting like he could hardly sit still. It looked like he just wanted to stand up and start jumping around the stage.