View Single Post
Old 05.05.2008, 03:29 PM   #47
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I think this is probably SY's most underrated album. I see it as some others here do as a transitional album. SY were moving away from the straight ahead produced rock of Dirty and venturing out to new areas.

Experimental Jet Set introduces alot of features that would be put to better use on Washing Machine. They start getting more strange and atmospheric using more of their pedals to create textures instead of riffs. A few of the songs on Experimental if put to a longer length would fit in perfectly with WM.(like Self Obsessed, Starfield Road, Bone)

This album brings sonic youth back to messing with that raw noisy sound again. They had given up trying to "get commercial" and started going back to their senses and roots. Ironically the record had one of their biggest singles "bull in the heather".(which i still dont understand is about)
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|