View Single Post
Old 10.10.2009, 08:20 AM   #17
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking glass spectacle
during reboot, it either replaces the file mbam.exe (malwarebytes anti-malware) with a spurious file, or removes it altogether...

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking glass spectacle
yes... i have tried removing that several times with Hijack This... but a number of things keep reappearing after i "fix" them. most ominously:

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent

which i figure is responsible for killing my anti-virus software...

god, i hate computers.

Hey there

not to sound like a smart ass, but GUI does usually stand for graphic user interface, possibly whatever sits in the system tray. Are you sure that mbam.exe and mbamgui.exe are not fine and both part of the same program?

What exactly did you find wrong before you started trying to "fix" things, as you put it?