View Single Post
Old 11.20.2016, 12:41 PM   #1826
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
not really (from a reasonable persons perspective). But you have to understand that the early voting totals were based on party affi. And, there have been some pretty good discussions as to secret Trump voters. So, a lot of the male white Democrats voted Trump (NOT ME!) and a substantial number of the female white Democrats, too. And then there's your "undeclared voters", I think a lot of them went to Trump. Lets face facts, we lost and there's not a lot to blame it on other than a really shitty media and a lot of idiotic voters. Thus the poor polls, too. People are mostly ashamed that they voted for the asshole, that is except the 20% truly deplorables. But they did vote for him and that's our cross to bear for the next 4 years. On the pos side, the ENTIRE CONGRESS is up for election in 2oi8. Lets work to see if we can grab it and the Senate back.....if not, we are voices crying in the wilderness and a minority party for quite a while....

Yeah.

2018 is important. Just... incredibly, unspeakably important. This is where our sights need to be set. I agree completely, and I've actually made some good contacts with Democratic Congressional candidates who lost this time around. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up working on a campaign. It's not too far outside the realm of possibility.

But I do think the turnout numbers need to be looked at. A public investigation would be great. Even if it amounted to nothing, it would certainly reveal some unsettling things about the Repugs, and on that front, any amount of public damage is a minor victory.

Also -- turns out some of the links Thurston Moore is sharing are from an openly biased pro-left source that probably can't be trusted. I'm going to stick with actual state voting totals. The cold hard statistics of it, not the editorializing nonsense that is only going to look daffy to any sensible reader.

But I do think something went down in Florida. I can't reconcile the numbers available to me in a way that makes mathematical sense.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|