View Single Post
Old 05.05.2015, 06:03 PM   #46553
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
anyone who's a non-Springsteen believer should check out live at Hammersmith 75. it's on youtube I think. you wont listen to his albums after that though.

Led Zeppelin is just one of those bands. love em or hate em. I bust some Zep out maybe once or twice a year. they've just always been there. on the radio, hanging out playing cards with friends, at work on the radio(again). Black Sabbath def took some cues from the first and besides that one, III is pretty sweet too. im more of an Graffiti fan these days, but after hearing the Stooges years ago, they're my go-to 70's rock band. still are.

agree with Sev, the 70's really didn't start until punk or whatever you want to put under that umbrella: Ramones, Devo, Cars, Television, Bowie, Stooges, Wire, or whatever other band that subverted that old way to rock. most of those were pre-80's but, whatever. same thing is happening to hip hop these days. new beats and ways to rhyme.

still even today, people have a 1 dimensional view of how rock music should rock. they can take maybe an QOTSA album but can't wrap their heads around a Melvins tune. that's why Stoner Witch is the only one I take to work with me for the bubbys to hear.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|