View Single Post
Old 03.13.2012, 08:50 AM   #10
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
the blue box is good for dinosaur sounds and such, i find it needs a strong fuzzbox ahead of it in the chain to sustain it and give it some power. i ended up sticking it in my bass rig instead. blue box bass is actually pretty sweet...

i imagine the vintage blue box is what SY use, and that probably makes all the difference (in this case)...

The bass player in my band was using my blue box for a long time, i agree it sounds quite good w/ bass guitar and with a good fuzz distortion ahead of it because even with the gain cranked there is a volume level loss from bypass from the blue box alone. I think Lee still uses his, not sure about Kim... Thurston yanked his out of his chain a few years ago it looks like. I don't think they have vintage ones because i see they had LEDs, yet they could've been modded to true-bypass which would cure the sustain being clipped off issue.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|