View Single Post
Old 12.08.2011, 01:46 PM   #1121
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think accusations towards Marseille would stand.

This ain't Bernard Tapie's team anymore (once upon a time, a little before Marseille won the Champions Cup, Marseille bought a couple of oponents of a lesser ranked team, to make sure Marseille players wouldn't be exhausted or saddened by an unexpected loss - but a defender, Jacques Glassman, said he wouldn't take that money, and so on and so forth, it took a while for Marseille to get rid of Tapie).

Lyon...
Well, they won the French title seven times in a row, in all fairness I assume.
Now, it's been a while since they got anything to brag about.
Last year's manager has been sacked, the new one is in his first year of coaching, there's money involved when you play the champions league, and Lyon is no longer the biggest budget in France, since Qatar took over at PSG - while noone took over at Montpellier, who lead with a goalscorer I hadn't heard of three months ago, Olivier Giroud, on a budget that would seem ridiculous.
I'd accept the idea of a cheat here - considering the president's pride (he sacked the manager, he promoted a brand new one), and considering Gomis's previous European game two weeks ago, which I saw, and, boy, he was so poor...

I haven't seen any image of this game; I'd like to.

On the other hand...
Zagreb had lost 4-0 to Ajax and 6-2 to Real...
This is not the best team you'll see this year...

Marseille's winner was a beauty, defenders and keeper tried to prevent it but couldn't.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|