View Single Post
Old 07.04.2013, 12:21 AM   #145
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'm a moderate Black Keys fan (as in, I love the first three albums) but hearing some of my then favorite songs stumbled through by five bored-looking poorly dressed geeks was not exactly the thrilling experience I was anticipating.

The Black Keys didn't even become a remotely listenable band until Attack and Release. Brothers is ok, El Camino is better but in actuality, they're milking this whole "bad news girlfriend" theme..
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Yeah, I saw the show in Baltimore.

The audience actually BOOED the White Stripes, who were unknown at that point. After "Jolene" someone yelled "Fag!"

I bet the fuckers who booed eventually became fans and nowadays tell people, "Yeah, I saw them back in the day. I was into them before anyone else."

Haha, how things have changed in Baltimore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

Hilarious. Awful. Yet kinda catchy.

I've wondered what Jack White thinks of this tune becoming essentially THEE sports chant. The Baltimore Ravens fans chanted in unison, 70,000 chorus last year. The Miami Heat fans are notoriously obnoxious with it at home at the American Airlines Arena. Really though, I wonder if Jack is either flattered or pissed off. Kurt Cobain was practically mortified when he found out jocks loved Smells Like Teen Spirit.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|