View Single Post
Old 10.20.2014, 04:19 PM   #6
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i dont like the sound of the universe you guys are living in, in which people will be pushed over the edge by entertainment.

in fact there's nothing 'unnatural' about the sentiment of this game, and many people actually carry out such plans. we have an idea that this phenomenon is modern but there were pyscho spree killers back in the 1800's, we dont have many records of it before that but it was def still happening.

it would be more interesting to me if the protagonist, instead of angry and disgusted with the world, was instead sad, and justified his killings on ethical grounds. he decides to kill people to stop them reproducing the species and their own misery.

the thing is that the misanthropy of the character in question may be pyschopathic but it's also coldly rational and mirrors the logic in which our society is going anyway. further atomization, individualism and social disconnection. ultimately the dream is that we can each exist free from the terror of co-existence with each other.

this game is only picking up on tendencies that already exist in modernity and it's actually trying to RESCUE some ideal of the individual self.

i suspect that it's soothing to the aggro hetero male ego to indulge in such inverted nietzchean fantasies. because in reality no matter how disgusted you might be with your fellow masses and their desperate attempts at holding together fragments of a functioning, civilizing social order, you're just as much of a zombie as they are, and you're gonna be out scheming, begging or clawing for scraps of meat the same as everybody else unless you kill yourself.

none of this boring shit affects me because i already killed myself last week. have fun in hell with your moral condemnation, losers.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|