View Single Post
Old 10.07.2017, 07:47 PM   #21644
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yes it's the same edit. The b&w just gives it a slightly different mood so no reason why you can't just desaturate your tv.

I imagine it’s a different edit, and not simply a BW/grayscale adjustment of the original. It would look funky. And from what I can tell, the filmmakers who do BW edits are BIG into the effect of BW. See George Miller’s Mad Max Fury Road “Black and Chrome” edit. Or James Mangold’s BW Logan.

These toon additional work and thought. I don’t think turning the color down on the screen will give you the “pure” experience the directors are wanting you to have. But what do I know?

Just switching a photo from CMYK to greyscale screws up the levels more than I imagine a director with any pride in his craft would permit.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|