View Single Post
Old 08.13.2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
So I'm in the market for a new guitar amp. I'm playing in a band with a very jangly, REM / Guided By Voices kinda sound, so I'm looking for something that compliments that. All I've got right now is an old Crate solid state combo, that sounds pretty shitty... so I need to upgrade.

I want a tube amp for sure. I've played a few Fender reverbs that sounded really good. The other day I tried out a Vox AC30, and that thing sounded great. Huge tonal range, and pretty cool features. The problem with the Vox is that they're made in China now, and I've had a few people tell me that they sound great for a little while but crap out pretty quick. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's what a few people have told me.

I'm no amplifier expert, so I'm looking for suggestions.
What amps do you play?
What would you recommend?
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|