View Single Post
Old 06.01.2016, 09:11 PM   #2122
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Yeah I'd rather have a solo album too.. then they can make a collab album or whatever if they want to.

Well, I've heard the full track a few times, and I'm very impressed. Nice production. Not sure who's on the boards for this, but it sounds different, in a good way.

Jay's verse may be his best since 2010/2011. It was really something to hear him get going. I haven't heard Jay sound that fierce in a long time. MCHG was a solid, good album, but it wasn't really Jay being Jay. He sounded very laid back (which he probably is, and damn well should be after a career like his). I'm not saying there's no place for that more understated, elder-statesmanlike voice in Jay's overall "thang," but I welcome the bare-knuckled sound of his "Drug Dealers Anonymous" verse.

Feeling good about King Push now. I hope it's nothing but highlights. Because frankly, both MNIMN and Darkness Before Dawn had their weaker moments. Since King Push has been a long-term project, I hope he gives us nothing but gold on this one. Nothing against the other two... They're two of my favorite rap records of the decade, but I think he can do better.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|