View Single Post
Old 08.14.2008, 08:16 PM   #6409
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, I don't get it as much in SC as I did elsewhere. Mainly because I've limited my communication in SC with the locals to absolute minimum, mostly murmurs and grumbles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Man, Sonic Youth, you and I.... We should have met up for coffee or something, man. We seem to be kindred battered spirits in this wasteland.

Anyway, good luck with your future beyond South Carolina. With any luck, I'll be out of here, too, someday. Let me know what life is like on the outside.

I always have to laugh when I hear about how much South Carolina is supposed to grow in population over the next decades. Unbelievable. Where are these people coming from, but better yet, WHY? And how soon will the population growth turn into a mass exodus AWAY from this godforsaken place?

We seem to be the only two that are escaping. I don't understand it either. It's too damn hot, the people suck, the roads suck, there's no sports teams, there's no music scene to be had. I fucking hate Myrtle Beach. Seriously, near me within about a 10 mile radius there must be 25-40 new multi-hundred home subdivision that are 99% vacant. There are probably 1,000 empty houses and lots for 3,000+ more within that area. I don't get it.