View Single Post
Old 01.17.2018, 07:42 PM   #1923
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
End of the F***cking World - Netflix
Enjoyed it. It's odd. I got a mild Wes Anderson vibe mixed with that cynical British wit. It has a certain tone that is just hard to totally pinpoint. Interesting watch. I am really interested to see what becomes of that Alex Lawther kid in it. He was in one of my favorite Black Mirror episodes and this series, and just knocked it out of the park in both, imo. I think he'll be one to watch in the future.

I started this and was really intrigued, but couldn’t even stay away from Mad Men for half an hour. This will be next for me.

[/quote]
I really am interested in that American Horror Story after reading through this thread some more. I will likely be starting that this weekend. It sounds hit or miss though. Should I start with Season 1 and just keep going or should I jump around to different seasons?[/quote]

Season 1 is kind of shit... too much rape. 2 is better, but still lots of rape.
Season 3 (Coven) is the absolute fucking best, so that’s all there is to that.

Four and five and six are all kind of forgettable, but I loved season 7, the one about the election and the Trump era cult leader.

I might jump around if I were you. Read the descriptions and go with what sounds best to you. But the Roanoke season is utter crap. Total crap shitfest.

My ranking:
1. Season 3 (Coven)
2. Season 7 (Cult)
3. Season 2 (Asylum)
4. Season 5 (Hotel)
5. Season 4 (Freakshow)
6. Season 1 (Eventully known as “Murder House”)
7. Season 6 (Roanoke, aka the fucking reality TV bullsht one that tries to be meta and fails horrifically)

Seasons 5-7 are all much shorter than the first four, which were like 20 episodes each. The latter seasons are only like 10-13 eps, so keep that in mind.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|