View Single Post
Old 01.02.2016, 01:33 PM   #68
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
And for the record, my lists are definitely subject to change. I go back and reconfigure and reconsider and tweak fairly often. For example, my favorite album of 2010 was definitely not My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in 2010. I was still "on the fence" about Kanye (read: I'd bought into the personality assassination campaign that the media was spearheading (with plenty of help from Kanye himself)... I don't even remember what my original album of the year was for 2010, because since 2013 it's been MBDTF.

(Think it was actually My Father Will Guide me up a Rope to the Sky)

And in 2013 I fussed over shit a lot. Flaming Lips! No, Black Bug! No, Fuck Buttons! Nope, it's Yeezus after all. But it's not like I stop listening to these albums. In 2015 I listened to Amygdala by DJ Koze more than any new record. It was originally st #5 for 2013, I think. Now, I have to admit that there's a good chance it has inched into the top spot, but I will have to revisit Yeezus again to be certain.

It's a way to occupy my extremely scattered mind. If nobody wants to hear about it, or I hear that others are irritated by it, I won't talk about it here anymore. But in a thread made specifically for top 10 lists, I feel like it's appropriate.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|