View Single Post
Old 03.10.2016, 03:30 PM   #127
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hey man, I'm not really hating on you at all. Like I said, I do enjoy some of Tool's music (ok, just a bit on Aenima, but whatever).... obviously I've seen them live myself more than once. I just have a bad association with them for a number of reasons that I can't really go into detail about. My girlfriend LOVES them, and I'm not "allowed" to joke about the more ridiculous parts of their whole schpeal and their more "unfortunate" fans (who really crack me up more than anything else).

I know enough about you not to judge you for liking Tool. I like you, and I'm just having a bit of fun. It's kind of satisfying to mock you a bit about liking this band, because you're relentless about Kanye, and I genuinely don't know of any other bands you like that are so easy to make fun of. (Well, maybe Deftones, but I've seen them too, so I shouldn't talk... they're no Tool, that's for sure!)

BUT- don't act like I don't seek out new music. I may not post it in the what I'm listening to thread, but I probably add at least one new artist to my music collection every day on average. I rock jazz, classical, ambient, folk, noise, metal, rap, punk and blues on a regular basis. My appetite for new music is insatiable. It's one addiction that I willingly admit to and happily feed.

I have to plug my iPods in every goddamn day to put new shit on and throw old shit out for a bit. It's the first thing I do when I wake up... I check blogs and sites and I check out tracks from artists I've never heard before, and build libraries of artists that are old favorites.

I wake up two hours before I have to so I have time to do this shot because it's an essential part of my life.

Yeah, I may talk mostly about Kanye and Aphex Twin on this board, but that's partly because the hip hop café is my favorite thread, and there are a lot of fans of those artists here. But if you're going to call me out for having limited tastes or not being open to new music, Ima have to call bullshit on you. You, who wrote that all "electronic music is boring" just a few hours ago.

Maybe you were referring to other folks, in which case, maybe you're right. But you're fucking crazy if you think I'm not an adventurous music seeker.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|