View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 09:53 AM   #47235
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
Daydream Nation and SY lately.

. it's been a long time since I heard it all the way through. never explain the feelings I get from listening to it. there's definitely a super good rock n roll rush but that's the least of what I can convey and a dimwitted description and it's not even my fav SY album, blah. that goes to Sister or ATL.

by the time Hey Joni comes around this album has pounded me into submission. Providence is just beautiful and kinda heartbreaking and i wish it was longer . oh and its great on vinyl. esp. Total Trash.

I'm for Sister and ATL too. Daydream Nation becomes my favorite when I listen to it, but I listen very rarely, and when it's over it feels like I've just finished a book. It's not that I'm tired of it, but I've had the experience again, and it'll be a while before I feel the need to go back.

Sister is not like that. That's the album I think about when I think of Sonic Youth. And ATL is the kind of record I can play any time. Day after day.

Bad Moon Rising and Goo probably round out the top 5. But the order always changes. Except for #1 and #2. Those are always Sister and ATL. In some ways I think A Thousand Leaves is the perfect Sy album, in that in contains practically every element of their sound in a way the popular favorites like Murray Street don't, despite being also great records.

But I drink your milkshake, so...
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|