View Single Post
Old 01.20.2017, 09:11 AM   #81
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb
I've long since stopped trying to intellectualise why I have pet hate musicians. We all know the reason we have them is because they remind us of the cooler-than-thou guy we used to see at parties in high school. That's why I can't stand Mike Patton for a millisecond

This I can understand. Not that I'm reminded of high school thick-necks by Trent Reznor, but I can see how other people might be. In that case it's conditioning, and it's emotional, and I understand that.

For instance, I like Black Flag, and even some Rollins Band shit, but Henry Rollins has always reminded me of a particularly immature kind of loud, intimidating meathead that I knew as a teenager. I actually did not have a negative experience in high school (at least, not until my senior year, when this almost existential claustrophobia overtook me and I kind of lost my mind), but I certainly shared space with "too-cool" kids of various stripes, and being a smaller guy — 115 lbs. in 12th grade to be exact — I often felt like loudmouth cunts like the Rollins Jr. were only one disagreement away from kicking the shit out of me.

When you're a small guy, it's easy to feel a bit like you're at the mercy of others. Rollins brings that to mind a bit, and because of that I'll never really like him. I'll listen to My War like there's no tomorrow, but I'll always kind of think, "Fuck you, dickhead," when I think of old Hank.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|