View Single Post
Old 10.15.2009, 05:40 AM   #73
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
If a musician makes a good song and makes tons of money from it, good for them. You can make that argument about anything or anyone. "Yeah, he's a good factory worker -- but he's just doing it for money!" So?! Who cares?

And even "integrity-havin" underground musicians like money, too. Even seen Ian MacKaye turn down a check? Haha. Nearly every band licenses their music to itunes, and all that garbage. Hell, even Autechre licensed a song for a cell phone ad (and one of the dudes went on a date with Ginger Spice)... But that's GREAT! They're making money doing what they enjoy doing... that's so cool!! The American dream!

Ultimately, a song is just a song. A couple of chords and shit. I don't care about the politics invested in a song... because it's just a song. It's probably hard for some people to separate the musician from the music. I've been guilty of this myself. I'm sure a lot of people on here won't be listening to Skrewdriver soon, for example, because of their politics. Still, it's harmless pop music, which has existed for FOREVER. And some of it is actually quite good.. that one Justin Timberlake album with "Sexyback" on it was actually quite awesome, SY Gossip, you'd dig some of the production on it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|