View Single Post
Old 05.20.2014, 11:03 PM   #46518
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
YES - Pain Teen shows were the best! They've reunited a few times over the past couple of years to play one show (believe this is when Bliss is back in town visiting family)......Ed Hall was another favorite I really enjoyed.

We had the BillBoard award show on. I still can't get over the fact that Lorde is just 17. I do enjoy that album, but don't understand why it's in the "Best Rock Album" catagory. Reminiscent from when Jethro Tull's, 'Crest Of The Knave' beat out Metallica for "Best Rock Album"......or was it "Best Metal Album?"

I give props to Imagine Dragons playing live and they sounded oh so polished, but I don't like that crap at all.

By the way, a DEAD Michael Jackson is much better than a living Ricky Martin!

It was best metal album.

Not only that, it was the first best metal album, and the first time Metal was a category in itself on the Grammy roster.

Now I think they just have a best metal "performance," (song, I guess. Past winners include Tool for "aenema") and a Best Hard Rock album category that both "metal" and "rock" artists can both be nominated for.

Why is it that there still isn't a best independent album category, or a best independent rock album category? Bands like Flaming Lips, Arcade Fire, TV on the Radio, and St. Vincent, and Vampire Weekend always just end up in the best alternative album category, which has been home to bands like Green day, Offspring, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails (who were also metal for a while and hard rock for a while... Lol) and. Ah who fuckin cares.

I don't want the Lips to win Grammys. Some might argue they're the Pink Floyd of our generation, but still... They're a bunch of crazy biker pirate mad scientists to me, and they belong nowhere near that whole scene.

Though incidentally they did perform at the BB music awards. Sigh.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|