View Single Post
Old 04.14.2008, 12:39 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Sorry to bore you with this question. However, I was arguing with a friend ad he really believes that this issue is widely accepted in Europe. I can't agree with this, I could think the cities being more accepted, but not the all of the countries. Can someone tell me please?

i think homophobia [though I dont like the term, it dont believe people to have some uncontrolable fear of homosexuality, but for intents and purposes, it will do] is just like racism, it is the result of ignorance, isolation and lack of experience and exposure with homosexuality in general. People harbor racist stereotyps and beliefs commonly because they are rarely exposed to other "races" and so they sit in a kind of isolation where they dont have to confront any of their stereotypes with a dose of reality. This is the same with homosexuality, people are uncomfortable about it because they have not been exposed to it properly. Exposure is the key to confront and replace stereotyping.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|