View Single Post
Old 09.26.2007, 02:43 AM   #59
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
[snip]
All I know is I don't want to see any more "for sale" posts on this board. Not even concert tickets. (He's sold these before also). Why? Because people in this internet medium cannot be trusted. And no more threads notifying the whole board of ebay bootlegs either...
Another rappard-related SY release!
...no more covert or overt selling, period.

I just wish the people perusing this thread could have known rappard at the old board. All he ever did there (& this is no exaggeration) was post his "B&P offers," and most of the time, at least one person would call him a show seller in his B&P threads. Being a relative newbie at that time, I was rather naive concerning the ethics of trading shows, and, like the people in this thread, didn't think he was doing anything all that wrong or even improper at all.
[snip]
Breaking my own vow of silence here, but if someone is lying outright I have no choice but to speak up:

Since when do you decide what's acceptable and what's not? Are you a moderator now? I sold one ticket (so much for you using the plural) for less than cost. I could have gone to ATP last year but at the time my girlfriend was three months pregnant - despite missing some great shows I still feel I made the right choice.

And I posted an eBay link to a bootleg that probably originated from one of my recordings - how is this unacceptable? Should Chris also remove the bootleg section from his discography?

"I just wish the people perusing this thread could have known rappard at the old board. All he ever did there (& this is no exaggeration) was post his "B&P offers," and most of the time, at least one person would call him a show seller in his B&P threads. Being a relative newbie at that time, I was rather naive concerning the ethics of trading shows, and, like the people in this thread, didn't think he was doing anything all that wrong or even improper at all." - An outright lie. I posted announcements of my torrents and downloads all the time, and participated in some other threads (mostly ATP-related, if I recall correctly). Yes, I did make the occasional B&P offer for people not on broadband, but I don't recall someone calling me a seller - isn't it odd that none of them have come forward again (although not everyone from the old board has signed up again for this one)? I also remember at least one Christmas charity run where I gave away CD-Rs and DVD-Rs away for free (no strings attached, I swallowed postage).

Also (and this is what bugs me the most): Atari makes some vague accusations, and then asks me to prove him wrong! That's completely fallacious reasoning - "so when did you stop beating your wife?" the most famous example.

"Because people in this internet medium cannot be trusted." - well, you certainly can't be trusted to adhere to normal rules of logic and reasoning. Don't you find it telling that you still have no supporters in this thread?

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|