View Single Post
Old 06.17.2015, 03:08 PM   #1027
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
This is something Kanye does well. He speaks plainly and openly about the male sexual mentality. It's something that exists within all men to some extent, and to deny that would be absurd. However, does he let it go unchecked? No. He has addressed the shame that comes with it. See "Runaway," "Blame Game," "Bound 2"

But seriously, you're picking out his most disgusting lyrics.

It's a testament to how unfamiliar you must be with his music that you think
these lyrics represent Kanye West. Here, how about this: I'll see your two verses of sexist crap that's present in almost all rap music, and raise you the entirety of Kanye's first four albums, and at least half of the material he's released since then.

if you don't like him that's fine. I just don't think you have an accurate picture of him, or what he "represents." I'm not saying he's a saint, but he spoke in support of Bruce Jenner, and he is a loving and reverent husband to his wife, and he loathes violence, is disturbed by social inequality and has a passionate and charitable spirit.

Is he also a garish boner sometimes? YES. So's Prince. Ever heard Wu-Tang Clan, or even A Tribe Called Quest? Lou Reed wrote some of the most depraved sexual lyrics to ever strike the ears of man! Paul McCartney sang of beating his woman. Kurt Cobain wrote a song called "Moist Vagina" that was non metaphorical!

Just do me a solid and give his music a fair shot.

And yeah I do kinda talk to myself out loud. Always have. I have been thinking of hiring a narrator to speak my thoughts aloud to me, so that I might free up some time.

To be honest, that's as clear as you can make it. This is just the same debate we had we suchfriends and he still sniffly refuses to admit that Kanye has done some pretty incredible stuff.

I'll say this about Kanye-I don't there's anyone in modern music who divides people as much as he does.

Ah, internet arguments.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|