View Single Post
Old 01.28.2009, 12:01 AM   #36
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I started to type that I am torn about whether to download it or not because I'd rather have the solid record, but that's bullshit. I'm downloading it. I have so much Jandek to buy and I really intend to do so, but it's a slow process for me. Meanwhile I could be listening to this and playing it on the radio.

As for his "best" album, they can't really be isolated like that, I do have favorites for sure. "Ready for the House" stands against everything after it despite being the first. "Six and Six" forces me to be redundant by saying the same thing about his second album! "Living in a Moon So Blue" is perhaps my favorite of the early ones though, because it connects with me really directly, it's very direct in general (though cynical at the same time). "Chair Beside a Window" is awesome for the heavy "Nancy" influence both on "Nancy Sings" and the songs seemingly about her. "Telegraph Melts' has "Painted Your Teeth" which is just fucking brilliant. Of the '90s stuff, I love "I Woke Up" for the pure absolute fuckery (there's another male vocalist on this one, I think...) Then there are those spoken word albums. The world said he couldn't get any more primitive, so he showed them that yes he could. I absolutely fucking love those records, most especially "Worthless Recluse". Madonna only thinks she can make art out of self-parody; Jandek actually does it with the secret weapon of sincerity.

I need to catch up on the newer studio albums (I have a couple of the live ones, which are great but something else in a way). I'll start downloading now and get the ball rolling.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|