View Single Post
Old 06.21.2013, 07:44 AM   #12
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I found Goodbye 20th Century quite revelatory in ways that Confusion is Next was not. I enjoyed CIN at the time, but it seemed to dash towards the finish line and gloss over the last few years it covers, where-as G20C goes into extensive detail on the mid-late 90s, which I found fascinating. The fact that G20C covers 12+ years after CIN should be difference enough!

Browne seemed to get some pretty interesting, honest responses from the band and their associates. Obviously Coley has a different relationship with the band, so I'm sure he'd get a unique angle. I enjoy his SY writings when he tones it down (Dirty liners, for example). I'm always happy to get more information, so I hope this is true...

I agree w/ CL on this. I read CIN so many times when I was younger. But I def felt I got more out of G20C. I remember making all these little notes of shit to research. Just things mentioned like about their proposed piano album for instance. Or I loved the section where it really went into details of Walls Have Ears. Stuff like that which just might have been too small a detail for a wider audience but the kind of stuff I'd obsess over just being mentioned.