View Single Post
Old 02.15.2013, 07:21 PM   #72
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I agree it was a failure for what he intended, but I really enjoyed the album nonetheless. I find The Game fascinating no matter what the results.

True dat. Just listening to that Seven Day Theory is what reminded me of just how much a gem Tupac really was to ALL music, not just rap. Very few artists can navigate a life of sin with a life of faith, and yet that is exactly what REAL life is about isn't it? Not glorifying violence or crass materialism, but reflecting your daily realities gritty, boring, or all in between. Tupac simply spoke the real. The Seven Day Theory is such an epic album for that. It is political, it is spiritual, it is an activist album, it promotes family, women, it asks for forgiveness offering an apology without a cop-out explanation. Simply put, it was Tupac expressing himself, and many of us relate to his experiences. Like King David in the Psalms, its not always a PG movie, and even religious people are seldom if ever near perfect, generally quite the opposite, but the dignity of being a human being is having the ability to carry on forward, and grow, mature, and evolve. In that sense, Seven Day Theory is an evolution, where as compared to Let Us Live or Why You Hate The Game, Jesus Piece is a few steps backwards, though I must admit, equally honest. I think where Game fucked up is trying to consciously make this a concept album, rather than just speaking his heart as in previous albums. Seven Day Theory is NOT a concept album, it is just the natural progression of where Tupac and the Outlawz were going after the All Eyez On Me studio sessions which gave birth to the legendary Makaveli Bootlegs.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|