View Single Post
Old 01.31.2014, 10:57 AM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
MC Tree catching all kind of slack for his intro on SoulTrappin.. I blame bitch-made Macklemore for disingenuously promoting gay shit. ITS RAP, its been known for being sexist, misogynistic, and bigoted. Its almost like DUH. Further, MC Tree is known for his more positive raps, but they come from a quasi-Christian approach and he is black so y'all KNOW his opinions about homosexuality aren't going to be favorable. PLUS, it really wasn't that big a deal what he actually said, they way he said it was almost like saying, "It ain't that big a deal" because he started out saying, "My papa was an addict, but Malcom was an addict and Versace was a faggot.."

The word "but" and connection with Malcom X seems to me to suggest it was a sort of positive reference, like saying "fuck it, its not that bad since this dude was too" and since he goes on to talk about flossing gear in the club looking like Versace, I dare say he wasn't exactly trying to diss. Of course my bias is I live in LA where gay dudes call each other "fags" the way homiez call each other "fool" "bitch" and "nigga" so maybe I'm not reading enough into Tree's choice of words..

Was it smart for him? No. Is it that big a deal? In rap music hardly.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|