View Single Post
Old 05.13.2014, 04:02 PM   #78
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I love Swans and I'm really looking forward to seeing them live but I have a problem with some of the ''oh so frightening'' doomy aesthetics which seem to surround their music and charisma.

I agree, honestly, the imagery and themes of their music seemed to be more positive than dark? They are deeply introspective, but I don't think they are inherently negative or frightening, if anything quite the opposite, it provides a vehicle through the power of sound and poetry to chase away negativity in a kind of cathartic bliss??

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|